The evenings practice
Refuge of peace
Coming together and meditating in a group can be a refuge of peace and a beautiful way to spend time with other people
Practicing breathing and body relaxation can help to still the mind and improve concentration. And help us respond to difficult situations with a clearer mind and a more skillful approach.
Part of the evening will consist of a short reading to inspire how we can use mindfulness in our everyday life, to make a difference in the world towards a more peaceful, fairer and sustainable future.
And an opportunity to share your experience in mindful speaking and listening.
Every session will follow the same structure.
- Guided mindfulness meditation to settle in to the present moment.
- Introductions and check in what is your internal weather.
- Silent sitting, 15 minutes
- Reading from Buddhist or mindfulness teaching, to deepen our understanding about the practice.
- Mindful speaking and listening, in sharing our experiences about the meditation.
- Guided compassion meditation, loving-kindness,
There are chairs to sit on, but please feel free to bring a cushion or meditation stool if you like.